Snowmen at Christmas
Snowmen at Christmas is one of the most beautiful books out there! The colors and finding the hidden pictures are my absolute favorite! Here are some activities that you can do after you listen to this story. If you forget parts of the story - feel free to watch and rewatch as many times as you'd like - it's free! ;-)
1. I don't necessarily recommend purchasing ALL books - although, I often do because I am a book LOVER. However, this book is one to purchase and look at over and over! You can find all of the pictures hidden by the illustrator! Some pages are more challenging than others, but we make a game out of it and the winner may get a little something extra - like an extra cookie we've been baking.
2. Take a trip to the snow and make a snowman. If you don't live where there's any snow, that's ok! Grab some construction paper,cotton balls, glue, and markers. Glue the cotton balls into a snowman shape, draw the arms and face, voila - you have a snowman. If you REALLY want to get creative - recreate a scene from the book. That would be equally fun!
3. Find some recipes for homemade hot chocolate and make some while you sit on the couch and watch some great books being read!
4. What are some of YOUR family traditions? Talk about them, reminisce, or make up new traditions! It's never too late to start a new tradition.
5. Think of your favorite treat and make some to share with friends, family, and neighbors. Such a great way to bless others during the holidays (or any time of year)!
Thank you again for joining me for StoryTimewithJen! I'm so honored you came - if you use any of these ideas or have ideas of your own, please feel free to take me on Instagram with #StoryTimewithJen. I'd love to share your creations! Until next time!